The Consequences of Bottled Water
We all know that single-use bottles of water aren’t exactly ‘eco-friendly’, but how bad can they really be?
Some sobering facts about bottled water:
- Americans use over 30 billion plastic water bottles A YEAR!
- Less than 25% of that is recycled
- Plastic bottled water is made from petroleum, many of which contain the chemical BPA (Bisphenol A)
- BPA is a known hormone disrupter & carcinogen
- It is recommended that children & pregnant women NOT be exposed to BPA
- BPA is “Leached” into the water when exposed to UV rays & higher temperatures
- There is less regulation over bottled water quality than tap water
- Bottled water often costs more per gallon than gasoline
Remember, you can either buy a filter or be a filter. We want everyone to have the cleanest water possible before entering your body!