Styrene in tap water
Styrene has been linked to an increased risk of cancer, liver and kidney damage, as well as brain and nervous system issues.
Affinity Filtration Technology Product
1. EWG Tap Water Database: Styrene.https://www.ewg.org/tapwater/contaminant.php?contamcode=2996#. Accessed April 1, 2021.
2. U.S. EPA. National Primary Drinking Water Regulations.https://www.epa.gov/ground-water-and-drinking-water/national-primary-drinking-water-regulations#Byproducts. Accessed April 1, 2021.
3. National Library of Medicine: Styrene.https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/Styrene. Accessed April 1, 2021.
4. National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences. Styrene. https://www.niehs.nih.gov/health/topics/agents/styrene/index.cfm. Accessed April 1, 2021.
5. NRDC. Wildfires Can Spark Widespread Contamination of Public Water Supplies. https://www.nrdc.org/stories/wildfires-can-spark-widespread-contamination-public-water-supplies. Accessed April 1, 2021.