Personal Information We Collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers or account number), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
Text marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send text messages about our store, new products, and other updates. Updates include Checkout Reminders. Webhooks will be used to trigger the Checkout Reminders messaging system.
Moderation of Comments & Testimonials
The Site allows individuals to post comments on discussion topics on various forums and on products themselves. We encourage you to share your thoughts as they relate to the topic being discussed, but please be advised that posts will be publicly visible; therefore, the Site utilizes a moderation policy for ensuring posts are appropriate and not harmful to others. As such, we review and moderate posts according to our stated guidelines below. The views expressed in posts reflect those of the individual making the post, and are not intended to be viewed as those of Clearly Filtered, Inc.
Clearly Filtered, Inc. promotes public comments and posts for purposes of transparency in who we are, what we do, and the services we offer. However, courtesy and professionalism are to be used at all times by individuals, thus Clearly Filtered, Inc. reserves the right to block, hide, and/or delete, remove posts that:
- Are deemed obscene, indecent, or profane language.
- Contain threats, defamatory, or derogatory statements.
- Invoke terroristic threats, promote violence, along with any other offensive material and any other content deemed unprofessional, unethical or that violates any local, state, or federal law or regulation.
- Reveal Personal Information.
- Contain information posted in violation of law, including libel, condoning or encouraging illegal activity, and revealing classified information, or posts that might affect the outcome of ongoing legal proceedings.
- Promote or endorse services or products, including links to external commercial sites. (Note that non-commercial links that are relevant to the topic or another post are acceptable.)
- Contain content that is completely off-topic, spam, or intended primarily to promote a link for purposes of link building.
- Contain any other type of content deemed unprofessional, unethical or that violates any local, state, or federal law or regulation.
Unless you have clear permission to do so, please do not submit copyrighted, trademarked or other proprietary, confidential, and/or sensitive non-public information. By submitting your posts or other work, you grant the effectively allow anyone viewing the discussion forum on the Site irrevocable permission to copy, distribute, make derivatives, display or perform the poster's work publicly and free-of-charge.
To protect your privacy, please do not include Personal Information that can be used to potentially identify you. We will review all posts in a timely manner, and will respond accordingly and take action for any posts that violate the above-stated conditions.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations).
Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns). This may include retargeting for the purposes of advertising or tracking device behavior.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
COMMON LINKS INCLUDE:
FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
BING - https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Do Not Track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
23121 Arroyo Vista
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA, 92688
A consumer has the right to request that CLEARLY FILTERED, INC., disclose to that consumer the categories and specific pieces of personal information that CLEARLY FILTERED, INC., has collected. CLEARLY FILTERED, INC., does not have to provide information upon consumer request more than twice in any twelve-month period. CLEARLY FILTERED, INC., uses and collects the following types of personal information that correspond to the following required disclosure of categories of use and collection found subdivision (c) of Section 1798.110 and subdivision (c) of Section 1798.115 (additional information is provided in italics below):
(1) The categories of personal information it has collected about that consumer.
CLEARLY FILTERED, INC., collects name, address, password, email, and phone number.
(2) The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected.
CLEARLY FILTERED, INC., gets personal information from You and from Your computer and interaction and use of the CLEARLY FILTERED, INC., website and customer service.
(3) The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
CLEARLY FILTERED, INC., does not sell personal information. CLEARLY FILTERED, INC., uses personal information to identify customers, provide customer service, track use of CLEARLY FILTERED, INC., website, follow up with communications for new products and sales, and coordinate provision of services with third-party CLEARLY FILTERED, INC., vendors.
(4) The categories of third parties with whom the business shares personal information.
As stated above, CLEARLY FILTERED, INC., shares personal information with third-party developers and CLEARLY FILTERED, INC., vendors that help CLEARLY FILTERED, INC., provide, develop, troubleshoot, or modify its website and products.
(c) A business that sells consumers’ personal information, or that discloses consumers’ personal information for a business purpose, shall disclose, pursuant to subparagraph (C) of paragraph (5) of subdivision (a) of Section 1798.130:
(1) The category or categories of consumers’ personal information it has sold, or if the business has not sold consumers’ personal information, it shall disclose that fact.
CLEARLY FILTERED, INC., does not sell consumers’ personal information.
(2) The category or categories of consumers’ personal information it has disclosed for a business purpose, or if the business has not disclosed the consumers’ personal information for a business purpose, it shall disclose that fact.
As explained above, CLEARLY FILTERED, INC., discloses consumers’ personal information only to vendors for customer service, product development, troubleshooting, customer sales, and verification purposes.
A consumer has the right to request that CLEARLY FILTERED, INC., delete any personal information about the consumer which CLEARLY FILTERED, INC., has collected from the consumer. CLEARLY FILTERED, INC., is not required to comply with a consumer’s request to delete the consumer’s personal information if it is necessary for CLEARLY FILTERED, INC., to maintain the consumer’s personal information in order to:
(1) Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service requested by the consumer, or reasonably anticipated within the context of CLEARLY FILTERED, INC.,’s ongoing business relationship with the consumer, or otherwise perform a contract between CLEARLY FILTERED, INC., and the consumer.
(2) Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity.
(3) Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
(4) Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law.
(5) Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act pursuant to Chapter 3.6 (commencing with Section 1546) of Title 12 of Part 2 of the Penal Code.
(6) Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the businesses’ deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, if the consumer has provided informed consent.
(7) To enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with the expectations of the consumer based on the consumer’s relationship with CLEARLY FILTERED, INC.,.
(8) Comply with a legal obligation.
(9) Otherwise use the consumer’s personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which the consumer provided the information.
(A) Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
(B) Any categories of personal information described in subdivision (e) of Section 1798.80.
(C) Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law.
(D) Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
(E) Biometric information.
(F) Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement.
(G) Geolocation data.
(H) Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
(I) Professional or employment-related information.
(J) Education information, defined as information that is not publicly available personally identifiable information as defined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99).
(K) Inferences drawn from any of the information identified in this subdivision to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
(2) “Personal information” does not include publicly available information. For these purposes, “publicly available” means information that is lawfully made available from federal, state, or local government records, if any conditions associated with such information. “Publicly available” does not mean biometric information collected by a business about a consumer without the consumer’s knowledge. Information is not “publicly available” if that data is used for a purpose that is not compatible with the purpose for which the data is maintained and made available in the government records or for which it is publicly maintained. “Publicly available” does not include consumer information that is deidentified or aggregate consumer information.