Hormone disruption, harm to fetal growth and child development
In 2020, the National Resources Defense Council (NRDC) filed suit against the EPA after the organization refused to set a nationwide standard for perchlorate in public drinking water supplies. In the suit, the NRDC stated that more than 16 million people may be affected by perchlorate in their drinking water.
Affinity Filtration Technology Product
1. U.S. EPA. Perchlorate In Drinking Water Frequent Questions. https://www.epa.gov/sdwa/perchlorate-drinking-water-frequent-questions. Accessed April 1, 2021.
2. U.S. FDA. Exploratory Survey Data on Perchlorate in Food 2004-2005. https://www.fda.gov/food/chemicals/exploratory-survey-data-perchlorate-food-2004-2005. Accessed April 1, 2021.
3. U.S. FDA. Perchlorate Questions and Answers. https://www.fda.gov/food/chemicals/perchlorate-questions-and-answers. Accessed April 1, 2021.
4. John Hopkins Medicine. Environmental Pollutant May Be More Hazardous Than Previously Thought. https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/news/newsroom/news-releases/research-story-tip-something-in-the-water-environmental-pollutant-may-be-more-hazardous-than-previously-thought. Accessed April 1, 2021.
5. NRDC. NRDC Sues to Protect Kids from Perchlorate in Tap Water. https://www.nrdc.org/experts/erik-d-olson/nrdc-sues-protect-kids-perchlorate-tap-water. Accessed April 1, 2021.
6. Newsweek via MSN. EPA Sued For Not Regulating Rocket Fuel Chemical in Drinking Water. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/epa-sued-for-not-regulating-rocket-fuel-chemical-in-drinking-water/ar-BB18GT1p. Accessed April 1, 2021.